Monday, September 28, 2009

The Libertarian Party

The Libertarian Party misses the key ingredient

I had a conversation with a Libertarian last night and as I agree with some of their platform they are missing the main ingredient, God.

Example: Criminal Justice – would eliminate all anti drug laws and legalize prostitution. Would end random police roadblock. ( Well, of course you would eliminate roadblocks, you don’t want all the drunk and high citizens pulled over all the time)

Personal Relationships – Government does not have the authority to define, license or restrict personal relationships.

Reproductive Rights- PRO-CHOICE ( voting pro-choice is the same as murder to me.)

LGBT rights- Opposes “don’t ask, don’t tell. Believes that marriage is a private contract, and should yield no government benefits regardless of the gender of the partner.

And on a separate note, Libertarians are for an open border.

The Libertarian Party is missing the God factor, so I could never be a Libertarian or vote for the above platform. We do see eye to eye on many fiscal issues but you lose me on the social issues. I am called by my higher power to vote Pro-life, restrict marriage to be between a man and a woman and NOT legalize prostitution and drugs. We are a Judeo/Christian country and the Libertarians missed the intent of our founding fathers. Without God we have nothing, I have nothing. This country morals have slowly been in decline since the 50’s, coincidently the same time God came under attack by the Progressives. Yes, I want God back and thank God most Americans feel the same way.

1 comment: